The general objective of the “Women and Mental Health” project is to respond to the needs and demands of women with emotional suffering.
Last October 4, an agreement was signed at the headquarters of the Metropolitan House Foundation between this entity and the Salut Mental Catalunya Foundation for the development of the “Women and Mental Health” project in the city of Cornellà.
The event was attended by Mari Carmen Segura, Director of Administration and Finance of Salut Mental Catalunya Foundation, José Vicente Muñoz and Rafael Angulo, Director General and President of Metropolitan House Foundation respectively, and Joana Piñero, Deputy Mayor of Politics Social, Equality and Health of the Cornellà City Council, who has played a key role in the alliance between the two entities.
Project whose general objective is to respond to the needs and demands of women with with emotional suffering, as well as promote the social insertion of women who suffer problems derived from a mental disorder.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Promote links between women with mental health problems by promoting the establishment of mutual support networks.
- Promote sisterhood between women in an intimate space of care and self-care.
- Collectivize the discomfort of women with a mental health problem.
- Promote critical thinking by questioning the social norms and values that underpin the imbalance of power.
- Address issues that may be of interest or that cause concern, promoting the exchange of knowledge based on experience.
- Promote empowerment, decision making and social participation.
- Promote social inclusion through the use of a community resource and the participation in a normalized environment.
“Women and Mental Health” is a project developed by the entity Club Social Espai 3 of Cornellà de Llobregat of the Salut Mental Catalunya Foundation, whose foundational activities are focused on helping people with mental disorders use leisure activities to achieve health goals. , independence and participation in and with the community, influencing and supporting the person’s life project.
Metropolitan House Foundation will finance the entire annual budget of the project (from October 1, 2023, to September 31, 2024), as a response to its commitment to cooperation and collaboration to build a better and more equitable society, trying to generate more and greater opportunities for the people who need it most.