Project whose general objective is to respond to the needs and demands of women with mental health problems, as well as promote the social insertion of women who suffer problems derived from a mental disorder.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Promote links between women with mental health problems by promoting the establishment of mutual support networks.
- Promote sisterhood between women in an intimate space of care and self-care.
- Collectivize the discomfort of women with a mental health problem.
- Promote critical thinking by questioning the social norms and values that underpin the imbalance of power.
- Address issues that may be of interest or that cause concern, promoting the exchange of knowledge based on experience.
- Promote empowerment, decision making and social participation.
- Promote social inclusion through the use of a community resource and the participation in a normalized environment.
Metropolitan House Foundation will finance the entire annual budget of the project (from October 1, 2023, to September 31, 2024).